Planning and preparation
You might want to start planning for what to do if there is an emergency or if you have to self-isolate. This plan will help make sure the right things are done to help you.
Planning for self-isolation
You will need to self-isolate if you or someone you live with has symptoms of Covid-19 (coronavirus). Click here to find out more about what to do if you or someone you live with gets ill.
This means you won’t be able to leave your home for some time.
Here are some things you can do to prepare…
- Ask some people you trust to bring you important things.
- Make a list of things you might need people to fetch for you. These could include…
- Food and drink, toiletries and medication.
- Keep a list of phone numbers so you know who to call if you get ill. These can be; people you trust (such as family or support workers), your GP (who can advise you if you get symptoms), NHS 111 (who can advise you if your symptoms get worse) and 999 (if you need emergency help).
Planning for an emergency
An emergency plan can help if something happens and you need urgent help. You can make this with someone who cares for you.
There is a template you can complete with them. This includes…
- Support plans and instructions.
- People who can help and what they can help with.
- Everything you need to stay healthy.
- A list of emergency contact numbers.
- A list of things you like, such as films, music or your favourite treats.
When you have written your emergency plan you can share this with people who might need to use it to help you.
Click the button below to download your Emergency Plan template.
Click the button below to go to find out more
We hope our resources help you
Remember, it is important you talk to someone you trust if you start to feel unwell or unhappy. If you need to know more about Covid-19 (coronavirus) symptoms please click here.