You could join a “Great Place to Work”
At this time of nationwide appreciation for people who work in social care, Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that have been awarded by the independent “Great Places To Work” institute
“Great Places to Work” is the world’s largest study of workplace cultures. It is an audit of the practices that create an outstanding workplace culture as well as a survey of employees’ views of their employer.
Dimensions has been recognised as one of the UK’s best workplaces in the ‘super large’ category by the Great Place to Work Institute two years in a row. We placed 13th in the 2020 UK Best Workplaces, up from 17th in 2019:
That might be all you need to know, but for those who wish to find out more you can read the headline findings below or even view the complete dataset for the fullest possible picture of what our colleagues say about working for Dimensions – including how we do on values, ethics, career development, diversity and much much more.
Interested? We have job vacancies across the country. Search and apply online.
Below, you can find our Trust and Engagement scores. There’s space for improvement, but overall we’re pleased with them.
This is the average of the core survey statements asked by the Great Places to Work survey.
Engagement is a measure of positive outcomes for the organisation and its employees, including aspects of working life such as pride, loyalty, importance of work, advocacy of the organisation and willingness to go the extra mile.
Like what you’ve read here? Search for jobs or check out the content below which relates to some of the topics covered in Great Places to work:
We’ve made a short film to describe the importance we attach to having a diverse workforce. This will be available to view soon.
Career and development
Our colleagues have made a number of short films talking about their work and careers. Watch them here.
Colleagues told us
As part of the survey, our colleagues were also asked “Is there anything unique or unusual about this company that makes it a great place to work?”
Here’s a flavour of what they said, anonymously:
- “You can be yourself management not looking over your shoulder”
- “Since working for Dimensions I can say that it is very person-centred in the way which staff are trained to deliver support.”
- “My manager’s actually care about me as a person and that is with everyone”
- “I feel that this company supports personal and professional development opportunities really well.”
- “The company truly care & have the people we support at the heart of everything we do”
- “I love how this company and staff really make a difference to people’s lives for the better and always strive to do better. Always give staff support what they need when needed.”
- “I feel appreciated and valued as a person from a BAME background. I have been given equal opportunity to progress.”