Take the libraries’ training
Our autism friendly libraries training was produced with over 8 years’ experience of supporting autism friendly environments. We consulted autism experts and library industry experts to make sure it covers everything you need to know to successfully become an autism friendly library.
We worked with the Association of Children’s and Education Librarians, Libraries Connected, autism experts and librarians.
The training includes:
- A short video that gives you an insight into autism and the library
- Free resources to download
- Autism friendly libraries top tips
- Your guide to understanding autism and communicating with your guests
- Adjustments you can make to the environment and day to day changes and considerations
- How to promote your autism friendly library
By taking the training and becoming autism friendly, you’re helping the 80% of people with autism who have felt excluded from their community access an experience many people take for granted. The training is also available via the ASCEL website.
Take the training now
Your library and staff are just a few steps away from being more inclusive.
Watch the video and use the buttons below to complete the training.