Picturehouse autism friendly screenings
We’re thrilled to announce that after a challenging year, autism friendly cinema screenings are back!
It’s been a difficult year for the cinemas and they are just starting to settle back into being open, so we ask for your patience and understanding.
See an autism friendly screening of:
- The Little Mermaid (2023) on 17 September
- Elemental on 19 Nov
Times vary by location
At participating Picturehouse cinemas.
What makes a cinema screening autism friendly?
Sometimes you might also see an autism friendly screening being described as a relaxed screening or a sensory friendly screening. This means there are some adjustments in place to help reduce the stress and sensory input people with autism and other sensory sensitivities can experience.
Some autism friendly adjustments include:
- There are no trailers
- The lights and volume are turned down
- You can sit where you want and move around
- You can take your own food and drink
- Staff are trained in autism understanding
- Carers can get free entry with a valid CEA Card or Carers Card at Picturehouse cinemas
Dimensions provides free online training for every cinema in the UK, and additional support for our partner cinemas; ODEON, Cineworld, Vue, Showcase, Picturehouse and Everyman.
Which Picturehouse cinemas show autism friendly screenings?
Please be aware that Picturehouse host their autism friendly screenings at different times. Click below for more details.
Details about times are noted below.
- Bromley – 11am
- Clapham – 11am
- Crouch End – 11am
- East Dulwich – 10am
- Fulham Road – 10:30am
- Greenwich – 10:30am
- Hackney – 11am
- Stratford East – 11am
- West Norwood – 11am
- Ashford – 10:15am
- Cambridge Arts – 11am
- Cinema City – Norwich – 10:30am
- City Screen – York – 11:15am
- Dukes at Komedia – Brighton 10am for December only, this will change back to 10:30am in the New Year.
- Exeter – 11am
- Liverpool FACT -11:30am
- Harbour Lights – Southampton – 10:30am
- The Little – Bath – 10:30am
- Phoenix – Oxford – 11am
How do I book tickets?
Tickets are available to book around 5 days in advance. There are a number of ways you can book tickets for Picturehouse’s autism friendly screenings. Select the film listed as an autism friendly screening and follow the booking process:
- On the Picturehouse website (select your cinema and the film marked as ‘autism friendly’ on the schedule. Please note a £1.50 booking fee applies for online bookings.)
- Via the dedicated accessibility hotline 0207 294 7908 (standard call rates apply)
- At your local cinema.
Free entry for carers
- Carers can get free entry when booking in person at the box office with a valid CEA Card at Picturehouse cinemas
- Carers can get free entry when booking in person at the box office, over the phone or online with a valid Carers Card.
If you have any booking or carers card enquiries, please contact Picturehouse:
- through their website
- through their Twitter account @Picturehouses
- through their dedicated accessibility hotline 0207 294 7908 (standard call rates apply)
Start planning your trip to the cinema
Use the buttons below to find out what’s on, watch trailers and plan your trip.