We know that many colleagues and people we support and their families are horrified by the unfolding crisis in Ukraine.
In response to requests from colleagues and from the Dimensions Council – the representative body of people we support – Dimensions has made a donation to the Disaster Emergency Committee’s Ukrainian appeal. We are planning our ongoing response to the crisis and have adopted the following broad principles:
- Dimensions stands with Ukraine. We are not neutral on the war and believe that the Russian government has, without provocation, invaded a sovereign democratic nation at the heart of Europe. In accordance with our values, we stand in solidarity with the people of Ukraine.
- We affirm that this war is not the fault of the people of Russia.
- We will follow government guidance, which at present favours financial donations rather than donations of goods.
- We will celebrate colleagues and people we support doing whatever they can to demonstrate solidarity with the Ukrainian people.
- Dimensions will not do direct business with any Russian company.
- We will work in partnership with other organisations in our sector to support the freedom and safety of Ukrainians and especially those with learning disabilities.
- We will continue to explore all avenues for supporting the Ukrainian people.
- We will share helpful updates from others, such as this easy read document produced by our friends at United Response which explains the war for people we support.