Love Your Vote is a campaign run by Dimensions to support people with learning disabilities and autism to understand and exercise their right to vote.
In 2012, people supported by Dimensions developed the Social Care Charter.
This charter, presented in Parliament, outlined five pledges the people we support want Dimensions to pursue with them and for them.
One pledge – “I want to have a voice and be listened to” – gave rise to the Dimensions Love Your Vote Campaign.
We’re extremely proud of all the people we support who voted, and their support teams who helped make it possible. They were kind enough to share their photos and support #LoveYourVote.
How we made politics accessible
- Held workshops in association with the Parliamentary Outreach Service
- Hosted hustings and Ask Your Question events with MPs and people with learning disabilities
- Published accessible resources and information on voting
- Helped support teams get people involved in voting
- Invited MPs to visit services and answer questions