Autism friendly museums
Dimensions provide free autism-friendly training for every museum in the UK to use. Talk to your local museum about taking the training, and they could be featured on our website.
Autism Friendly Museum Training
Did you know that 80% of people with autism feel excluded from their community through fear of being judged?
Our research found that staff training, tolerance of noise and understanding from the public are the adjustments most important to people with autism and their carers.
We have developed the autism-friendly museum training and resources for autistic guests to tackle this and provide more opportunities to enjoy an inclusive community.
The training includes:
- A short awareness video that gives you an insight into autism
- Free resources to download
- Your guide to understanding autism and communicating with your guests
- Adjustments you can make to the environment and day to day changes and considerations
- How to promote your autism-friendly museum
There’s no obligation for museums to participate, but we hope that most will choose to.
Use the buttons below to find out more.