The Learning Disability and Autism Leaders’ List 2021
Entries and nominations for the Learning Disability and Autism Leaders’ List 2021 awards are now closed! Winners’ will be published on 3rd December. Follow @DimensionsUK and #LDALeadersList to stay up to date.
Over the last three years winners have been featured on BBC Radio 2, Channel 5 News and in The Guardian, and everybody who enters will receive a personalised certificate.
Celebrating your achievements
We understand everybody’s story is important and everyone deserves to be recognised. This is why all entrants receive a personalised certificate and social media graphic, and a select number of finalists will receive a special Finalist certificate.
Winners’ stories will be published on our website and social media channels to tens of thousands of followers.
In previous years the List has officially been announced on BBC Radio 2’s The Jeremy Vine Show and The Guardian, and winners have been featured on Channel 5 News, The i, Pick Me Up, The Daily Express and their local newspapers.
We are already talking to journalists about this year’s List and we hope media coverage will be even bigger and better!
Feeling too excited to read on?
Watch our short animation and click here to start your entry for the Leaders’ List 2021. Or keep reading before you enter to find out about the exciting perks our Leaders get…
If you are a winner…
- Your story and photographs will be published and shared nationally on our website, social media channels and with our PR and media connections.
- We will send you an exclusive certificate, trophy and gift to celebrate.
- You will get a VIP invite to our online celebration event.
- We will continue to share opportunities for you to get involved in our campaigning, advocacy and media work.
- You can continue to keep audiences up to date with guest blogs on our website and social media.
- You will have the opportunity to be a judge in future Leaders’ Lists.
This is your opportunity to join our Learning Disability and Autism Leaders as part of these exclusive Lists.
Feeling excited? We certainly are and we can’t wait to read everyone’s wonderful stories!
Share the Learning Disability and Autism Leaders’ List 2021
This is a sector award and we encourage other organisations, groups and individuals to share it so Leaders are celebrated and appreciated.
Please tag @DimensionsUK and use #LDALeadersList to share this page and help more people with learning disabilities and/or autism to be recognised and appreciated for their brilliant work.
About our partners
Every year Dimensions runs the Leaders’ List in partnership with the wonderful Learning Disability England (LDE) and the Voluntary Organisations Disability Group (VODG). Find out more about them below.
VODG (Voluntary Organisations Disability Group) is a national charity that represents leading not-for-profit organisations who provide services to disabled people in ways that promote independence, choice and control.
We work on behalf of members to influence the development of social care policy, build relationships with government and other key agencies, promote best practice and keep members up to date on matters that affect service delivery.
Our overarching aim is to ensure that VODG members, working in partnership with commissioners, people who use services and their families can provide progressive, high quality and sustainable services that reflect Think Local, Act Personal principles, uphold rights and meet the requirements of disabled people.
VODG members lead the sector in terms of delivering high quality personalised support, developing new and innovative services and making investments in campaigns, workforce and other activities for social benefit.
Membership is open to any person, organisation or group that supports Learning Disability England’s aims and wants to be part of making them happen.
The aims are:
- What is important to people with Learning Disabilities is heard and understood
- There is a change in behaviour in service design and delivery that builds on rights
- Demonstrate coproduction and real collaborative working making a difference
- Live our values and model the change we want