Hull’s autism friendly Belong Arena
We are waiting on a statement from Belong by GAME about Covid-19 and possible store closures.
Welcome to your Hull Belong Arena in the Prospect Centre. Damien is the Arena Manager here and, with his colleagues, will make your visit as inclusive and enjoyable as possible.
Belong Arenas are separate areas at some GAME stores where customers can play the latest video games on the latest equipment –including high tech gaming PCs, Playstations and Xboxes.
These are called “stations” and customers can book time at them, sit in a comfy seat and use the consoles with headphones for quiet and privacy.
How to book a gaming station at Hull Belong Arena
You can book a station (which has a PC and consoles for you to use) for £5 to £7 an hour.
If you have someone supporting you they do not need to book a station. But, if you are going with someone who wants to play games too they will need to book a station.
There are four ways you can book a station
- You can go into the store and ask to speak to a member of staff – tell them that you would like to book time at the arena. If you let them know you have autism they can help you plan your trip, but you don’t have to tell them.
- You can call them on 07484925087 – tell them that you would like to book time at the arena. If you let them know you have autism they can help you plan your trip, but you don’t have to tell them.
- You can email them on firstname.lastname@example.org – write that you would like to book time at the arena. If you let them know you have autism they can help you plan your trip, but you don’t have to tell them.
- You can visit belong.gg and use the Quick Book tool. You will need to select Hull, the date and time you would like to book, the number of stations you would like to book and how long you would like to book it for.
Preparing for your visit to Hull Belong Arena
The website for Hull’s Belong Arena has information including when the stations are available and what equipment they have available. Visit their website to find out more.
The Belong Arena is in a purple box near the Prospect Street entrance to the store (that’s the end closest to Home Bargains.) Also near the arena in the store is the Accessories feel and try bay, which has headsets, keyboards and mice to try out.
Belong staff wear Black t-shirts or black hoodies and are usually located around the box that the arena is in, or at the counter nearest to it.
Here are some things to think about before your visit:
- food and drink is on sale on a stand and in a fridge just outside the arena and can be brought straight to Belong staff without having to wait in the queue for the retail side.
- toilets are located up the escalator in the food court, just out of the store exit nearest CEX (into prospect centre.) In the evening (after the Prospect centre closes) you can use the staff toilets upstairs in the store, ask a member of staff to be taken there.
- the Arena and store is quietest Monday to Friday in the morning and Sundays if there isn’t a birthday party there. Other times and school holidays might be busier.
We have written this social story for you to download, there are a few places where you can put in extra information and photos but you might find the information in it useful without doing this.
Address and opening times
Hull GAME Belong Arena
59-60 Prospect Centre
- Monday 10am-9pm
- Tuesday 10am-9pm
- Wednesday 10am-9pm
- Thursday 10am-9pm
- Friday 10am-9pm
- Saturday 9am-9pm
- Sunday 10:30am-4:30pm
For the latest news and events
Would you like to tell us anything about your visit?
If you would like to tell us anything, good or bad, about your visit to Hull’s Belong Arena please complete the form below. We may be in touch to talk with you about it.