Manchester Trafford’s autism friendly Belong Arena
We are waiting on a statement from Belong by GAME about Covid-19 and possible store closures.
Welcome to your Manchester Trafford Centre Belong Arena. Rob is the Arena Manager here and, with his colleagues, will make your visit as inclusive and enjoyable as possible.
Manchester Trafford Centre is one of four Belong by GAME arenas taking part in a trial to be more autism friendly.
Belong Arenas are separate areas at some GAME stores where customers can play the latest video games on the latest equipment –including high tech gaming PCs, Playstations and Xboxes.
These are called “stations” and customers can hire them out, sit in a comfy seat and use the consoles with headphones for quiet and privacy.
How to book a gaming station at Manchester Trafford Centre Belong Arena
You can book a station (which has a PC and consoles for you to use) for £5 to £7 an hour.
If you have someone supporting you they do not need to book a station. But, if you are going with someone who wants to play games too they will need to book a station.
There are four ways you can book a station
- You can go into the store and ask to speak to a member of staff – tell them that you would like to book time at the arena. If you let them know you have autism they can help you plan your trip, but you don’t have to tell them.
- You can call them on 07484925089 – tell them that you would like to book time at the arena. If you let them know you have autism they can help you plan your trip, but you don’t have to tell them.
- You can email them on email@example.com – write that you would like to book time at the arena. If you let them know you have autism they can help you plan your trip, but you don’t have to tell them.
- You can visit belong.gg and use the Quick Book tool. You will need to select Manchester, the date and time you would like to book, the number of stations you would like to book and how long you would like to book it for.
Preparing for your visit to Manchester Trafford Centre Belong Arena
The website for Manchester Trafford Centre’s Belong Arena has information including when the stations are available and what equipment they have available. Visit their website to find out more.
The Belong Arena in Manchester Trafford Centre is upstairs. When you walk into the GAME store you will need to walk upstairs or ask to use the disabled access lift.
When you go to the Manchester Trafford Centre Arena you will see a big TV and sofa. These are for events.
You will also see a counter. If you want to ask a member of staff a question you can go to this counter. You can also buy drinks and snacks from here, or you can take your own.
Here are some things to think about before your visit:
- the Manchester Trafford Centre GAME store is in the shopping centre on the ground floor
- you will have to walk through the GAME store to get to the Belong Arena
- if you would like a computer in a quiet area, choose one at the back of the arena
- there isn’t a toilet in the store but a member of staff can tell you where the closest one is
- the Arena and store is quietest before 5pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Other times and school holidays can be busier.
We have written this social story for you to download, there are a few places where you can put in extra information and photos but you might find the information in it useful without doing this.
Address and opening times
Manchester Trafford Centre GAME Belong Arena Game
Ground Floor, L29
46 Peel Avenue
- Monday 10am-10pm
- Tuesday 10am-10pm
- Wednesday 10am-10pm
- Thursday 10am-10pm
- Friday 10am-10pm
- Saturday 10am-8pm
- Sunday 12pm-6pm
For the latest news and events
Would you like to tell us anything about your visit?
If you would like to tell us anything, good or bad, about your visit to Bristol’s Belong Arena please complete the form below. We may be in touch to talk with you about it.