Last month Dimensions hosted a free webinar to help families whose child is leaving specialist education in the Summer of 2023 or 2024. The event included helpful hints and tips from families who have recently been through the transition to adult social care life stage, together with a Q&A.
Topics covered included:
- Housing options
- Different approaches to care and support
- Arranging your loved one’s finances
- What you need to know about the Law
- Question and Answer session with our panel of family experts.
The event was recorded and can be watched below.
All resources that were discussed are linked below.
Our family consultants can be contacted for further individual advice here.
Watch the event
Chapters and timeframes
- The family experience – Linda and Alfie [04:09]
- The expert by experience – Owain and Gail [15:00]
- Guide to a good Transition – Viv [22:37]
- The providers view – Vicki and Helen [31:50]
- Q&A session – Dimensions Families team [46:50]
The slide deck is also available below.
During the event we shared our transitions video. This 11 minute video introduces you to two young people that we support, and their families.
Handouts and resources
- Our Transitions guide: Transition – your child’s journey into adult services
- The full Questions and Answers
- The presentation
- Dimensions Family Charter
- You might also find our Transitions checklist handy – download it and stick it on your fridge!